Jonathan Katz | Consulting Engineer
Employee Spotlight | Olavo da Rocha
Olavo da Rocha | IT Operations Manager
Olavo da Rocha as our IT Operations Manager
- “Hi! My name is Olavo da Rocha and I am the Information Technology Operations Manager at August Schell."
Q: When and why did you join the August Schell team?
- “I joined August Schell about 12 years ago because my brother used to work here and it seemed like a fun place to be at. I wasn't really happy where I was before so I kept asking him (if there were any openings.) He convinced Bill to interview me because he thought I was going to be a good asset for August Schell. I talked to Bill and he agreed that I would be an asset to the company. And that has been the history for twelve years in the making that I have been in the IT department at August Schell."
Q: Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- “I know this is a contentious topic but pineapple does belong on pizza. Pineapple pretty much belongs anywhere. Pizza is already good food, and with pineapple it becomes great food!"
Q: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- “I think that the best power would actually be to have the ability to read minds. It helps with human relations when you know exactly what people want and not what they are reporting to want. It solves a lot of issues and actually helps with interactions when everybody is on the same page.”
Q: What is your favorite thing about working at August Schell?
- “My favorite part about working at August Schell is that it feels like a family. Everybody gets along, everybody likes each other, we like to help each other, and we all want to see each other succeed. It has the small company feeling and with all of the great work that we actually do.
Don’t forget to check out our Careers Page at augustschell.com/careers to join our team!
Connect with Olavo on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olavo-da-rocha-2b463213/